Welcome to the Mason book site. Embedding Perl in HTML with Mason was published by O'Reilly and Associates in October of 2002.
Mason is a powerful text templating tool for embedding Perl in text. It offers many features to help you create dynamic web sites from re-usable components. Besides templating, it provides numerous other features such as:
- The ability to create modular, re-usable components like headers, footers, or menus. You only need to make changes once.
- Integrated parameter handling for web requests.
- Built-in caching as well as a user-accessible cache API.
- Integration with mod_perl for speed and flexibility.
- Content filtering - anything from a small piece of a component to an entire site.
The Embedding Perl in HTML with Mason book documents the HTML::Mason framework in detail, including chapters on component syntax, Mason object APIs, a sample site walkthrough, recipes, and details on Mason's advanced features and how to use them.